Birch Rust Leather Backpack
Crafted with our vintage inspired Birch Rust Leather and designed for all those beautiful multi-tasking women in the world. This 2-way convertible bag simplifies travel life, mom life, work life, and an adventurous life. You get perfect functionality with the backpack's removable/adjustable straps or carry as a hand tote. No matter what your day brings you, you are ready with the Meanwhile Backpack.
Your bag is proudly made in Lynchburg, Virginia using the finest materials in the world.
- 12”L x 14”H x 5”W x Top Length 15.5"
- 4.5 ” handle drop
- Crafted with vintage inspired Birch Rust leather*
- Removable backpack straps crafted with English Bridle Leather**
- Interior hanging pocket and key clip
- Solid brass hardware
- Pinstripe Lining
* Our Italian Vegetable Tanned Birch Leathers are crafted from Tuscan shoulder hides and tanned and hand distressed using an ancient hand-processing technique. It is untreated, warm, strong and personal. No two bags are the same, each marking is a memory that enriches the personality of your bag. The color variations and textured feel on our Birch leather is a uniquely a beautiful aesthetic that in no way changes the integrity of the leather. Over time the leather will age gracefully, developing a richness and patina that will continue to darken with sun exposure and use.
**The brown leather straps are crafted from our English Bridle leather. This leather is created in a 150 year old U.S. Tannery using ancient hand processing techniques and vegetable extracts. With regular use, your straps will become soft and age gracefully, developing a rich patina and distinctive character.
Dust your bag! Dust absorbs moisture which will eventually dry your leather out. For stains, blot immediately with a clean, dry cloth. (Or not, just let that thing go and watch it get better with time).
Wash those jeans, girl!
The Indigo that is used to create those inky, dark denim jeans that you love, is notorious for bleeding (e.g. transferring off and getting on all your other stuff). Please do not wear against your unwashed dark color denim! It can be really frustrating to find that your very favorite pair of jeans has stained your new Meanwhile bag (not to mention, white furniture and even your skin!)